About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I went to my pre-natal appointment where I gave lots of blood and urine. The nurse wasn't able to get a vein in my arm so she had to go for the hand. Hand pokes are the pits, but I love pre-natal appointments so that made it worth it.
Later I went with my mom to a free kidney screening (It is National Kidney Month after all, which I'm sure you are all celebrating) where I gave more blood and more urine. The lady there was able to get an arm vein. Win!
I feel drained. Haha. Right?

But, really ... so, so tired. It's difficult to explain first trimester tired, but I will try ... it's like one minute I'm prancing around fine and dandy and the next minute I'm immobilized by exhaustion. The fatigue is so ridiculous ... I feel like throwing up and passing out and maybe crying. There is a part of me that appreciates the fatigue and nausea because it's confirmation that I'm growing a baby. It's miraculous.

Speaking of babies, the ultrasound showed one baby with a heartbeat in the right place. :)


Oh, I almost forgot ... apparently my arm grew between my prenatal appointment and my kidney screening because the kidney lady used the fat arm cuff on me. I was like, "Nooooo. I don't need the fat cuff. The prenatal nurse lady used the regular person arm cuff just FINE this morning ... No fat cuff!!"
Fat arm cuff.  :/

No comments: