About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Miscellaneous

 

EDIT: Nate came home with a third place ribbon!!!!!!

Me: Wow. A ribbon!

Nate: Yeah, third place in my age group.

Me: What about overall?

Nate: 27th *shrugs shoulders like it's no big deal*

Me: What? That's so great!!! I can't believe you did that on a whim with no practice or much effort. I would've died. You must have big lungs. My lungs are the size of a squirrel's.

He did so well! Oh, this was his first race, too (not counting high school/college track). I really love and appreciate his humility!!

*******************

Nate is out running a 5k right now. I asked him if he wanted me to wake Freya up so we could meet him at the finish line and he said, "Nah. It's no big deal ... just a 5k." I guess running is easy for some people. He didn't even practice!

I've decided to do a little blog series called 'Reinvention'. Ooooh, the suspense! Usually I write my blog posts on the fly without any forethought but this little project will require some brain power so we'll see how it goes.

Oh! I'll take a picture of my pregnant self soon. I haven't been motivated to do so because a) I look the same as the last two times I was pregnant and took pictures of myself so it seems a little redundant. Same clothes and everything, and b) Hhmmmm, so maybe a) is the only reason. I thought maybe there were more.

 

Mazie is with my parents in Ohio (they are getting a puppy) and Nate is working up a sweat so it's just small fry and I at home. We had a photo shoot. :)
 

 

Welp, I'm off to meet Nate and some other friends at the park for dinner. Hope everyone likes gluten-free brownies! Mmmmm.

1 comment:

Luniquely Maggie said...

that's awesome about the run! great job nate! richie's the same way! he's nuts when it comes to running. and i always share his results not him. it's awesome to have humble husbands. xoxo