About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

This and that

So, we're the weird neighbors that play outside more when it's cloudy and cool. I can't wait for Fall. Have I mentioned how much I love Fall and cool weather? I have? You sure I've mentioned that before? Oh, ok ... well allow me to continue. I'm loving this weather!! The other day we walked outside and Mazie said, "It's so beautiful and cozy today." That's my girl.

Here's my other girl and (half of) I

I went to the ER last night positive that I had a UTI. I had one when I was pregs with Freya and my symptoms were almost identical, only this time I threw a little intestinal distress into the mix. Wooo, living on the edge. Lots of monitoring, a couple of tests including this one and three hours later the results came back negative. Apparently it's just the intestinal junk that's causing the cramping, fatigue, blah, blah, blah. Looking back over the past week I realized the following things:
  • I have unintentionally eaten wheat. It's so sneaky. Hi, wheat-induced gas and bloating. There you are again.
  • I probably caught some kind of mild virus.
  • I haven't eaten many fresh fruits and vegetables lately. Gasp. I'm so, so ashamed.
About that fresh produce ... my tooth sensitivity is getting out of control. I can't even eat salads anymore because the cold makes me want to die. And who wants to eat a warm salad? SO, as soon as our dental insurance kicks in (end of this month) I'll be heading down to Dr. Hollar (Hollahhhh) to find out if there is anything they can do for me. I miss my salads. :( I use special toothpaste and special rinse and those at least allow me to eat without screaming in pain (which everyone around me appreciates) .... but I still hurt when anything cold touches certain teeth.

Now I'm back to my fruit/veggie smoothies (with a straw). This morning's was yum. The girls drank a lot of it, too. Just ... so proud.


Other than those things I feel great! :D I'm in the third trimester now .... Time is flying!!
 

3rd and final!
 

 

No comments: