About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012


I found Freya reading this book the other day


Uh, freak out time. Total hot face. You know when your cheeks get all red and hot because you're so nervous you want to vom? That was me tonight ... for the first time I shared my entire life story with others. All of the mess. All of the sadness. All of the yuck. Ah, lemme tell you, that was both nerve-racking and liberating. The ladies in my recovery group responded with grace and were in turn more comfortable in their own sharing. I love my group of ladies. They are brave, honest and hilarious all at the same time. I can't believe God has brought me to this place ... a place to lead others through their hurt and anguish. I'm proud of my ladies for opening up and letting go. And for trusting me to lead them. Oh, and for laughing alot. Laughter always helps. 


2 comments:

bethie said...

i can't wait to hear more about how Freedom Group went! I'm so proud of you!

Stephanie said...

:)