About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Thursday, November 8, 2012


EDIT: My gal Jenny just brought me some homemade, gluten-free cookies to help soothe my pain. I think they're helping. I better eat another one just to make sure.

Last night I got a horrible case of the Baby Blues ... cried my way through the whole evening. It was almost embarrassing. I'm thankful for a husband that isn't phased by these hormonal episodes. After we got the kids in bed we sat on the couch while I cried on his shoulder and he prayed for me. I wasn't depressed (listless, unmotivated, etc.) I was just really, really sad for no specific reason. I'm feeling much better today .... BUT ...

I have laryngitis and am feeling physically worse as the day goes on. Ugh.

I'm so thankful that I'm not in horrendous pain from the c section. I'm also thankful for my mom. And for Nate. And for the countless friends that have offered to bring meals.

Tonight the girls are going to stay at my parents' so I can literally lay in the recliner until tomorrow afternoon. I hate being without them again so soon after my stay in the hospital, but I think it's best for everyone.


Bjorn had his first Dr. appointment this morning! He is almost back up to his birth weight and he passed everything with flying colors. He's such a sweet, little boy. He only gets up twice each night, eats and goes back to sleep.


Ok, that's all I have energy for now.

No comments: