I feel soooo much better today. I will give you a run-down of my day yesterday, in bullet points (because you know you're a bullet point lover like me. yes, you are. just admit it).
- Woke up EXHAUSTED
- Started bleeding again (which is normal), got fed up with this ITCHY skin rash and noticed that my incision still wasn't completely closed on the right side. Felt defeated and sad.
- Spoke to Mazie in a mean-like fashion then ran to the bedroom and cried while Nate dealt with her whining (uh. not my proudest parenting moment)
- Cried as Nate left for work (I might have fallen to the floor and wrapped my arms around his ankles, I can't remember)
- Composed myself enough to make it through breakfast
- Apologized to Mazie
- Had a surprise visit from Danielle who came with gifts and flowers. She walked in the door and I started crying. Her visit was a great distraction for all of us and was the pick-me-up that I needed!! :)
- Received several emails and texts throughout the day of encouragement from friends
- Decided to go to MedStat to have the rash looked at
- The MedStat Dr confirmed that it was an allergic reaction to the new fluffy baby smelly detergent that I bought. Easy fix
- I called my OB and she said to put some new steri-strips on the incision for now. She wasn't concerned because that little area wasn't bleeding or leaking anything funky
- Had dinner delivered by my awesome mentor, Sandy. She stayed and chatted for while which was another mood booster
- Went shopping with my mom (and Bjorn) while Nate took care of the girls for bedtime, etc. (very thankful for a competent husband that encourages me to get out of house even though it means more work for him)
- Hit up Kohls and WalMart (should've taken some ibuprofen, but I survived)
- Came home and collapsed on the couch in between feeding, diapering and burping Bjorn
My children love me despite my crazy-in-the-head moments lately and the sun is shining. Thanksgiving is just around the corner and Christmas music is blaring.
I think I'm going to be ok. Breathe. Pray. Stay focused on the truth.