About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Every evening the wise men move one inch closer the manger. It's a tradition that my mom started when I was a little girl. Mazie thinks it's just about the best thing ever. Well, because it is.




My dreams have been eerie lately. I wake up discombobulated and it takes me a moment to differentiate between real life and dream life. Last night I dreamt about someone that I haven't seen or spoken to in years.
Just like that. Back in my life.

Last night was our final night for our recovery group. As we went around the circle sharing observations about one another a common theme was found in comments about me: intentional.

I suppose that's true. I'm very set on change. I'm very set on authenticity. Perhaps so many years of fear and hiding spurred this passion. Or maybe it was there all along, idle until I was ready I very intentionally began to change my life 5 1/2 years ago and I'm still in the process ... and always will be.

I feel jumbled tonight. The dreams. The holidays. I'm not sure. I just can't seem to settle in.

No comments: