About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Monday, December 12, 2011

On a lighter note ...

Christmas time. Equally as good: snow.
Many snowy mornings my mom would rush into my room with an excited announcement. I'd bounce out of bed and run to the window ... my mom fueling this wonder and appreciation for snow.

Many snowy mornings now I rush into the nursery with an excited announcement.
Full circle. As my mom did, now I do.
Oh, and you should see their tiny faces ... eyes wide, smiles so big.
I see the same wonder and appreciation.

There is a magical beauty about wintertime.
I'm simply in love with it.

Mazie's first (very tiny) snowman

She insisted that it wore a (very tiny) snow hat 


"Mom? Mom?? Come here for sec ... have I been good?"

"Let's see. I want Minnie Mouse hat, Minnie shoes,
Minnie gloves, Minnie ...."

"Oh, I've been VERY good."

Is it just me or does the elf look like a giant?

Freya and "Doodulph, the one antlered reindeer"


No comments: