About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

My heart is less heavy now.
Taking the time to sort through reality and my emotions.
I've come to expect the disappointment, but this is still not a pain I am used to.
The feelings are only magnified now.
Protecting my children. Desiring they not feel this sting. 


The preparation and anticipation. I'd hoped it would soften the blow.
Slighted and angry. Sad at the injustice.
Letting this slip away from my thoughts and releasing it from my heart. The rejection is not intentional. Behind the scenes.
Unknowingly raining on my comfort.

What is my truth? What is my truth?

My heavenly Father does not overlook me.
He does not set me behind or beneath or beside.
My homecoming is of equal importance to Him.

I will take this sadness and I will learn from it. It is a reminder. To love equally. To delight without favor.
Bigger mercy, bigger acceptance, bigger peace.
So many beautiful blessings overshadow the these times of downheartedness.

I am granted the gift to open my arms wide.

I am granted the ability to fiercely show His grace and unrelenting love to those that spoil my joy the most.
He has already shown me how.

He makes all the sadness come untrue.*



*Taken from 'The Jesus Storybook Bible', Sally Lloyd-Jones.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Check out the Storybook Bible page 317.

And I have finally gotten online to read your blog and I am amazed at your tenderness and again - your fierce decision to open your most vulnerable heart to God so He can cut and sew up and heal.

Love you!
Sarah