About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Last weekend:

Annual neighborhood egg dying time
(we live in the cutest neighborhood)





Then we had a fun visit from some of our Illinois family!!

Today:

This morning was one of those mornings in which I felt completely defeated. I got up early, worked out, did devotions, showered and made everyone's oatmeal before anyone was awake. I was on a roll, right? I went into the girls rooms with a big smile on my face and was feeling pretty darn good about the day so far ... and then ... I was met with whining and disobedience and crying and drama. Freya wouldn't eat, Mazie whined about making her bed, etc. My description of the morning really doesn't do my disappointment justice AND I realize that my hormones are a little crazy right now, but I felt so unappreciated. It's difficult to work so hard and be met with negativity ... even if the people I'm serving are mere babes. Nate hopped in and quietly calmed people down, dolled out some more consequences and kept the morning moving. I took a few moments to put things into perspective and felt a wave of gratitude wash over me. Nate is SO good at stepping in at the right moment. I do know that my children love and appreciate me. I know this. Being a mom is the most selfless endeavor I've ever embarked on!
Interesting how I spent the first part of my morning working on self and my relationship with God only to fall apart a short while later. Satan knows me so well. :/

My dr appointment was SPECTACULAR. She seems NORMAL and competent. I got teary-eyed as I thanked her for being socially adept. Now we'll just have to wait and see how she handles a scalpel.

Ultrasound tomorrow morning!!

No comments: