About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

One room is almost complete!! I still need to paint the lampshade (light blue like the vase on the shelf) and I think it will be officially done. The china cabinet doesn't go with the rest of the room, but it belongs to our landlord and it's staying.
Today (after work) I'm going to paint the shade, stencil the living room tables and pick out paint for the kitchen cabinets.
More pics to come. Maybe with a real camera next time. Oooh, exciting.

I'm having SO much fun with Beth around. I am so thankful that Nate willingly makes adjustments in his schedule so I can hang out with her. He is so thoughtful!!
Yesterday Beth and I picked Rachel (Beth's sister) up from the train station in South Bend and we ended up eating at a greasy diner. So, so greasy. I got some fried mushrooms (I wasn't very hungry) and they messed me UP. I think it was a combination of the grease and the wheat I ate earlier for lunch (where we met with Laura!!!!). I'm a bloated mess.
Speaking of eating, I met with Ann (Nutrition Therapist) again yesterday. It was good to sit down with her and regroup. I started counting calories a couple months ago and things kinda spiraled downhill from there. We talked about how I'm a "purist" and have a very, very difficult time finding balance with eating. I just can't be all or nothing anymore. I freak OUT. :( I'm back to mindful eating and praying alot.
I'm VERY thankful to be married to a "normal eater". He makes it look so easy. :) :) What? Eat when you're hungry, stop when you're comfortably full? A novel idea.

Gotta go!

No comments: