About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

The past couple of days have been a whirlwind ... a good whirlwind.
Friday night we went over to our friends' house for dinner. I absolutely love being around these people. They are extremely relaxed and have a genuine love and appreciation for those around them.
We knew them in college but have really gotten to know them through our church (more friends through church. I'm seeing a pattern here). The wife was one of the leaders when I first started going to Freedom Groups and she has been influential in my life ever since. I admire her sense of purpose in motherhood and her ability to slow down and appreciate life in the moments.

Moments like these that happened today ...



Friday also involved seeing my friend Beth again!! She looks great. She has worked so hard to get fit and it shows. It's so good to be around her ... she is a positive light in my life. She has never stood over me in judgement even though we chose to take completely different paths in life (her path was ministry, mine was wallowing in sinful misery). She is a very wise, kind person and I trust her implicitly.

This morning I woke up feeling dumpy ... dumpy heart, dumpy body, dumpy mind. I didn't really want to go to church, but Nate encouraged me to go anyway. I'm so glad he did. I was reminded of God's grace and His constant pursuit of me. Some of the people in the congregation shared what pain they were experiencing and it really brought things into perspective for me. I cried a few times and each time Nate put his arm around me and pulled me in closer to him. He is such a safe place to be. He is always in my corner, rooting for me and I never have to worry about where his allegiance lies. I'm so blessed by his belief in me.

This weekend my niece and nephews were in town and my oldest nephew kept taking pictures of us using some kind of silly program. I laughed so hard I almost cried. I thought it was much funnier than anyone else did, but whatever.




No comments: