About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

The past two days have been so much better than the two before them. I've been working on giving Mazie more room to make her own choices ... admitting that I'm a particular person and like things done a particular way. Mazie is just as particular. (Mini me!) I've taken a step back and it's really helped. I've also been making sure that I take the time to get down on their level and really listen to them. Bah. Just working on refinement of self. These little people deserve so much more than I can ever give them.

Today we walked around Winona for about two hours (I was pushing them in the stroller). I love this town. We met Nate at the Bakafe for a bit which was a perfect addition to our walk. The girls chose a raisin cookie over chocolate chip? Must get that nonsense from Nate. ;)

Tomorrow night Nate and I are going on a date to celebrate his birthday. SO EXCITED. He's using birthday money and we're going to the new Japanese restaurant and then to see Hunger Games. I'm not a big fan of hyped-up book series, etc. but my mom and dad saw the movie (midnight showing because they're cute like that) and my mom said I should see it. Plus, it's Nate's birthday and that's what he wants to watch and since I love him I will go. And I will like it!
Oh, and I've never read Harry Potter. I tried reading the Twilight series but didn't make it very far ... "I'm Edward, a 300 year old vampire man that sparkles in the sun and has a crush on a 16 year old girl". See what I mean? I tried, I really did.

This evening Nate tried explaining to me how England is also the United Kingdom. No comprendo. Does not compute. Geography and I have never gotten along. :/ I'm glad Nate knows where we are.

Last thing, my prayer partner dropped off some brownies that are to die for! I think she was trying to cheer me up since the beginning of my week was so sad. I ate a brownie and I'm really hoping I don't feel like death tomorrow. I've found that I can usually have a little bit of wheat and junk and not feel too bad. I hope I didn't just jinx myself. I'm really touched that she drove over in her jammies to bring me a plate of loving goodness ... what a sweetheart.

Completely random: So ..... they're really good.

No comments: