About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Nate

It's in the moments when I look over and see him content, absorbed in a book. A quiet reassurance. The moments when he is a human jungle gym to the delight of our children. A joyful addition. The moments when he pulls me away from the kitchen sink and holds me without saying word. A safe reminder of his love. He is supportive without expectation, he is honest without brutality, he is attentive without ulterior motive.
And I trust him. He doesn't hide things from me or raise his hand to me in anger or blame me for his own shortcomings.
He treats me like I'm valuable and precious.
I longed and cried and prayed for a love like this.

 

No comments: