About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Birthday and the end of an era

Ok, so the word era might be a slight eggasteration when describing the past two months. Today was the last weekday of having Nate around ... he starts his new job on Monday. We talked about what our morning schedule would now look like because YES I am one of those neurotic moms that gets up before the kiddos to get ready for the day. It's just better for everyone, trust me, when I've had my "alone" time in the morning. I like to workout or lay on the floor and do a fake workout (AKA Winsor Pilates) then I water the flowers (the ones I haven't killed), take a look at the layout and menu for they day and then, and then, my favorite part .... take a bath whilst doing devotions. I know, right? I'm on a lavender/peppermint essential oil kick in my bath right now. The other day I went overboard with the peppermint and it was, um, not okay. Word to wise, back off the peppermint or you will hurt.

Ok, so enough about me. Whose blog is this anyway?

So, it was our last weekday having Nate home. Bittersweet. We're both ready to move on to this next phase but will miss being together 24/7. We're disgustingly compatible; deal with it.

While he was at the chiropractor today the girls got their "babies" ready for a nap.


My grandpa built this crib for my mom when she was a little girl. Then my mom passed it on to me and now I've passed it on to my girls. Awwwwww.


OH, I had my birthday party on Wednesday night. It was a huge rager. It was so crazy that I can only post one picture ...

`

Ok, I lied. This was as intense as it got and it was perfect. (Check out my gluten-free cake. Check it out, yo. It was delish.) Nate took the girls to B and B Works (he's so brave) to pick out some tiny lotions for me and then he got me a wireless keyboard for my iPad. Which I'm using. Right NOW.

And, lastly ... every time I'm pregnant I get something like restless leg syndrome in my back. I kid you not. What? Restless legs in my back? Yeah, it's weird and it's also horrifically uncomfortable. So, now I would like to give a shout-out to these tiny white pills that have gotten me through my pregnancies. Thank you, person that formulated this manna from heaven. I love you. Nate also loves you because he has been relieved of his husbandly duty to rub my back in the middle of the night. Thank you, Hyland's. And God bless.

No comments: