About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Friday, July 6, 2012

old habits die hard

I have tried just about everything to get more sleep ... the most luck I've had is with some homeopathic stuff. (when in doubt, go with homeopathy. no side effects, safe for all ages, time-tested and proven) Although I'm seeing improvement, I think I need to do more.

DUN.Dun.dun. You may remember the testing I had done last Winter that revealed my body's love-hate relationship with wheat. Since then I have cut back, but it has slowly crept back in almost full force ('merica loves wheat). One of the many side effects of a wheat sensitivity is insomnia. Pair that with pregnancy and I'm pretty much awake all night and sleepy all day. Sounds pleasant, no?

Should I just take the plunge and go wheat-free or should I keep horsin' around and continue feeling like death? See? It's a really tough decision .... don't eat wheat and feel great or eat wheat and feel like poop. Do you see my dilemma?

Yeah, me neither. It's really a no-brainer.

Bleh.

 

Here is an update from a little guy Nate and I have been praying for .... The last few lines at end really got to me this morning ... Hug your children and kiss their sweet faces - pray you are never faced with these kinds of obstacles.

Sure does put things in to perspective and makes the daily struggles of parenthood seem that much more manageable. A blessing even.

No comments: