About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Catching up ... bullets

  • I have killed five outdoor, hanging flowers so far this summer. FIVE. No more. No more hanging flowers.
  • This is the first pregnancy in which I'm feeling Braxton Hicks ... the only pregnancy that my uterus doesn't need the practice. Oh, uterus.
  • We left at 10 a.m. on Sunday morning for Nate's Grandma's 80th bday party and arrived there shortly after 2. Mazie vommed at dinner and Freya was crazy-hyper from the car ride. Nate and I barely ate or were able to talk to family and we were tucked away in the back corner without an easy escape route. It was an experience (I believe Nate described it as a "nightmare"). It meant a lot to Grandma for us to be there and that's what mattered. :)
  • We had our first family vacation after Grandma's party (since we were close to Chicago anyway). It was a blast (Mazie felt like a new woman after throwing up, btw) and I highly recommend Chicago Children's Museum at Navy Pier. There is so much to do there.
  • I wanted to go to a sit down restaurant with AC but nate said it would be better to just grab something fast and eat in the (sweaty, poo-smelly) food court. So we did. And I pouted. But he was right .... the girls would not have lasted long at a restaurant bc they were tuckered out.
  • Since we're not big fans of pushing the limits with our children when it comes to naps, eating, etc. we decided to not even go to all of the activities at the museum. We wanted things to end on an awesomely pleasant note ... not on a whiny-exhausted-starving-miserable note. We could have easily spent 5-6 hours there, but 2.5 was the perfect amount of time.
  • My parents got me an adapter for my iPad so I can upload my pics directly. (early birthday present) This means that I'll be posting more pics again soon. And the crowd goes wild.
  • Mazie fell off the pool ladder at my parents' house. Thought I was going to have a heart attack. Thankfully she only ended up with bruised knees and other various scrapes. She is really playing this up, let me tell ya. She makes sure that everyone knows about it and constantly reminds me to be careful near her band aids. The drama. Must get it from Nate.
  • I'm working on a family/household binder. This website has some good printables that I'm going to use. It will really help keep us organized and help me to live in the moment more. It's a good habit to get into .. so that everyone in the family knows what's happening when. Mazie is a sensitive girl and she likes routine and knowing what's going on. Her first questions in the morning are, "Can I wear my Christmas dress?" followed by, "What are we doing today?" Plus, the daily routine page will keep us on track with things like the library reading program, pseudo-homeschooling and such. Ooh, my inner nerd is giddy.
 

  • We have been talking about buying a portable dishwasher for some time and I think that time is now. I'm going to put all of my birthday money towards it. Girl don't need no flowers or bling. Girls needs a dishwashahhhh.
  • And can I just say .... yes, I can. it's my blog .... that I'm very thankful to be married to a man that takes money management seriously. I don't even know how we're surviving right now. I really don't. God just continues to provide for us in huge ways. I mean, we just took a family vaca! So, it was only for one day ... but still.
  • So, we're really poor but really happy. Happy is where it's at.
 

1 comment:

Luniquely Maggie said...

Hey girl!
Is it possible to bring your binder to the famiy reunion? I would love to look at it and possibly do one for ourselves. I went to the website and the printables look great!

xoxoxxo

maggie