About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Friday, July 20, 2012

family time

I had accidentally entitled this post damily. *snicker*

At the beginning of the week one of Nate's aunts and cousin came over and spent the night with us. I even (wow, even came out efen. Haha. I made some efen breakfast for the damily.) made what we call around here "real breakfast"! Non-real breakfast is usually oats with honey and raisins, sometimes almond butter if I'm feeling extra crazy. Woooooo. Real breakfast consists of eggs, toast, fruit, etc. Real breakfast signifies one of two things: a) we have company or b) I woke up with more gusto and happies than usual. Anyway, so we ate real breakfast and chatted around the table .... it was wonderful.

Then tonight two of Nate's aunts, his uncle and their friend came over and hung out on our porch with us for a long time. We had such a good time with them.

We really like having family come to visit us. It is becoming more of a challenge for us to visit others out of state ... with a full-time job, a part-time job, one car, a tight budget, 2.5 kids and a dog. Having fam come here is soooooo much easier. We wish it could happen more often! :( Plus, Winona Lake is so charming and relaxing.

Time for bed! If the new baby will let me sleep that is. We've got a real fighter on our hands here ... this baby throws some serious punches. It's the best feeling in the whole world. :)

No comments: