About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Monday, January 16, 2012

So, let's talk about the BMV. Shall we? We shall!

Trip #1 - The BMV people told me that they didn't have my married name in the system (I got married in Illinois) and that I would need to bring in a marriage license proving that I have a new last name now. Fine. Ok. No problem.

Trip #2 - The BMV people told me that they didn't have my maiden name in the system either ... that I was listed under my previous married name. (It would have been helpful had they told me that on trip #1) They said I would need a copy of my divorce decree so they could connect my old married name to my maiden name to my current married name. They said the decree was the only thing I needed to bring and that the written test I just took would still be valid. Fine. Ok. No big problem.

Trip #3 - The BMV people told me that I did need to bring in all of the required documentation along with the divorce decree, not just the decree like they lied said. I just sat there and stared at the wall for a few seconds, trying to take it all in. I cleared my throat and I spoke very slowly, "So, you mean I have to come back .... again?" I was very kind and calm, but inside I was really frustrated. Not Fine. Not Ok. Kind of a problem.

In the meantime my licensed expired.

Trip #4 - (My mom drove me. It was circa 1991.) The BMV people told me that I (finally) had all of the needed documents!! I beamed so proudly. I did it. I made it through ... all of those failed visits were leading up to this triumphant moment. I heard choirs singing and a little bird came and sang on my shoulder. All was well! And then. And .... then ..... she said, "Oh, wait. I can't look at your driving record because your license has been suspended." I said, "Oh, come now. You're joking. Right? ........ Riiiight?" Nope. Not a joke. I asked her why it was suspended, but she couldn't tell me. That's correct: The department of driving was unable to tell me why my license had been suspended. I was like, "But, you're the department of driving!" 
She gave me the website to visit in order to see for myself and then I asked her, in a clear, serious voice, "Are you sure I have everything I need here in my folder? (Because I have to bring in so many docs I put it all in a folder) Can you please look again just to make sure that my next trip, trip number five, is a winner?" She went to her supervisor to have her look through my things and came back, sat down slowly and in a very calm and collected voice said, "Um, we also need your original marriage license in order to connect your maiden name to your first married name."
I just broke down crying at that point. Defeated again. A rain cloud hovered over me and I'm pretty sure I heard Taps playing in the distance. She got teary-eyed as well ... probably because I wasn't leaving. I was just sitting at her station like a blubbering mess. I told her that I didn't even know where that license was. She was very nice to me (probably scared I was going to start tearing my clothes and covering myself with ashes) and helped me figure out how I could get a copy of it. I told her that I wasn't frustrated with her personally, but that I was frustrated with the people that should have been telling me everything from the very beginning. And then I told her that I was so sad. Heh. Nutcase, I know. Really not fine or ok and now I have a big problem.

Later that day at home: I got online and found out I could get a copy of my first marriage license from the Las Vegas Circuit Court for a mere $3. That's Vegas, baby.
I also found out that my license has been suspended for six years. Yes, you read that correctly. SIX. YEARS. Apparently I didn't have insurance or at least didn't show proof of it back in 2005 (my guess is that I didn't actually have insurance bc my ex was in charge of that.) and they suspended my license shortly thereafter. I don't understand how I've able to obtain car insurance, new licenses, etc. for all of these years. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Crazy. Now I have to pay a big fine and have our insurance company send a special form to the BMV showing proof of insurance. Oh, and then make a fifth trip to the BMV, my second home.
I mean, only if someone else can drive me there ... Harhar. 

Random pics. Just for fun!

Nate and Freya playing

 Miss Mazie joined the fun

Mazie loves to draw and paint


.... and dance


Check out my monkey slippahs!
I'm so glad they made it into this shot bc I love them.

1 comment:

mfw-a said...

i was right there with you, in true social work fashion, saying "yup...yup...no surprise, had that happen to me...had that happen to a client...heard that before...mmm-hmm, connect the names, marriage license, divorce papers, yup...didnt show cop proof of insurance"

yes, i was right there with you, until, until, i got to the part about steve and the lack of insurance to begin with. thats awful, suze! i'm sorry! *sigh

love the beard on nate, though. (i'm partial to bearded men of course...)