About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Weekend recap:

Friday -
  • The BMV. Ohhhhh, the BMV. I'm gonna save that experience for a post of its very own. The story ends with me crying ... so you'll definitely want to stay tuned.
  • Double date night with the Wineys!!!!!!!! We went to our old haunt, The Downtown ... still dark, smokey and crowded? Yep. We then came back to our house to eat wings we picked up from BWW. We ate them out of the take-home boxes at the kitchen counter because that's the sort of excellent, gracious hostess I am. After dinner we walked down to Cerulean for an amazing (albeit expensive) cocktail.  And then we walked back up to our house for some games and talking. Super, great, amazing night.
Saturday -
  • Slept in. 
  • Went to my parents' house to get our girls and ended up hanging out there until after dinner. We watched www.fatsickandnearlydead.com. A must see.
  • Saturday night Nate and I just lazed on the couch.
Sunday -
  • We walked to church because the weather was so nice.
  • Let's see ... I love our church and am very thankful for the non-judgemental attitudes we've encountered. I have established some very deep, very transparent relationships and these relationships have encouraged me to shed my shame and embrace my testimony with hope. The sermon was about the Bible and a key point was that the Bible is basically a love letter from God. It reminded me of the book we're reading through with Mazie (recommended by a very dear (new) friend) ... it's written in story form and brings me to tears almost every time I read a chapter.



  • Right now the girls are sleeping, Nate is ordering his books for the last semester and I'm basking in the peacefulness of His blessings.

Ooh, ooh and before I forget ... check out some of the coffee stuff I got for Christmas. I bypassed the Folgers/drip pot phase and went straight for the snooty stuff. It took me 35 years to like coffee and since I lost alot of precious, coffee drinking years I have been automatically granted coffee snob rights.






5 comments:

bethie said...

Yay for the Aero Press! Merry Java Christms!

Stephanie said...

Happy Date Night!!

Watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead tonight. Do you have a juicer or is there one you recommend? I've been thinking about get one for awhile and after watching the preview Aaron is on board.

We also love that Bible here :)

Soooo jealous of all your fancy coffee stuff!

Susan said...

We don't have a juicer. We use a Kitchen Aid blender .... it makes the juice a little gritty, but that's all we had money for at the time so ... we deal with it. (Plus, it serves more than one purpose.)
You can get a Breville (the kind he uses in the film) for about $200.

If you guys do a juice fast I might join you. I think it would be SO interesting. (Wine is juice.)

Susan said...

Also, www.jointhereboot.com is a great place to start.

Stephanie said...

YES! Wine is juice :)

I'm thinking we'll get a blender first, but Amazon has a bunch of refurbished Breville for $149 that looked really nice. Aaron really wants to do carrots and apples.

I joined the reboot forever ago when you and Nate did a juice fast. We need to get together and figure this out.