About Me

My photo
I'm a work in progress. I'm a mom to two, soon to be three, awesome kids that have taught me things I didn't know I needed to learn. I'm married to a kind and handsome man that I genuinely love to be with. I like to be around interesting people and enjoy learning from others. I'm quirky, energetic, have a glass that's usually half full (of wine) and am spontaneous when it fits into my plans. My life is much slower than it once was and even though I sometimes miss the old days, I never take these new days for granted. So, I've given up alot of things in order to give more of myself to my family ... and they better appreciate it. I mean, I expect nothing in return for my selfless love.

Monday, January 23, 2012


What better way to spend my days?


Dr. Suess, pretty toes ... the sweet life.

I'm feeling completely and utterly thankful that I'm able to stay home (most days) with my baby girls. We have so much fun together and I feel the blessing of responsibility to teach them about life and Christ's never-ending love. I just want so much for them. <3

This weekend was a success. The food was "ok" ... it was cold by the time we ate it, but our friends said they really liked the collard greens! More converts! We stayed up way (way way way) too late, but it was worth it as we were able to spend a lot of time with people we hadn't seen in a while.

Speaking of food, my prayer partner brought me some flourless oat bran muffins this afternoon. Yummy! I love bran muffins and these are so good without flour, sugar, etc. She told me they'll keep things moving as well. Bonus!

Speaking of teaching ... the leaders of our church gave an absolute yes to me being a leader in recovery group. They were encouraged by the work God has done in my life and didn't bat an eye when the current leaders told them of my past. I cried so hard when I found out. ... what a testimony I have been granted. To use my ugly past for good? Redemption. I have been redeemed and now I get to share it more freely with others that are hurting and seeking the truth. I go in for an official interview in a few weeks. God just keeps on opening the doors.

No comments: